FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon A1 or FX1 w/beachtek Question for Noah or anyone else.

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd Roush
Canon A1 or FX1 w/beachtek Question for Noah or anyone else.
on Mar 29, 2008 at 7:45:45 am

Hey Noah,

I want to thank you for all the great advice over the year. The cow has been my home away for home.

The DVX100P (old version) is the only camera I have ever used that I feel has made me look better than I am as a shooter.

Unless 2 cams I can use in the 3k range comes up at NAB from Panny I am stuck with choosing between the Canon a1 or Sony FX1. I'm currently editing some FX1 footage and I'm not in love with it.

Queston:
Have you used either or both of these and do you have any thoughts as to which would be closer to the DVX image. Sony always looks a little cool to me whereas the Canon seems to lean red somewhat like the Panny although I think the Panny does much better with color than both of these cameras from what I can see.

Sony is still the low light, reliability and battery king but the Canon image looks slightly more appealing to me from all the tests I have seen.

Thanks.

S.

Todd Roush
Dreamscape Digital Media
Panny DVX-100's but changing so Sony or Cannon HDV soon.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Canon A1 or FX1 w/beachtek Question for Noah or anyone else.
on Mar 31, 2008 at 8:16:08 pm

Well really neither- it's the 24p look you're not getting. I'd stick with the DVX100 until HD is a required delivery format. And also wait until NAB. I'd be very surprised if we don't see cameras that are within your price range this year offering both HD and 24p.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color. Now featuring the HD Survival Guide!
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]