FORUMS: list search recent posts

NEW DVX

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
daveyg
NEW DVX
on Dec 16, 2006 at 3:23:57 am

HEY ALL. I FINALLY PICKED UP A DVX OF MY OWN. GOOD BUY FOR 3300 WITH 4 YEAR WARRANTY, BATTERY AND RODE MIC. NICE I LOVE IT
THE PROBLEM IS NOW MY WORK FLOW I HAVE READ THROUGH THE ARCHIVES, THE ARTICLES WRIITEN ABOUT IT ETC

CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME A DETAIL ON HOW TO GET THE BEST 24P FEEL USING PREMIER PRO 2.0 WHAT DO I DO FROM FILIMING TO GETTING TO THE ENCORE DVD.

ALSO, HOW CAN I GET THE BEST DEPTH OF FIELD. PLEASE HELP. THANKS

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: NEW DVX
on Dec 16, 2006 at 9:42:02 pm

Wow- back off on that CAPS LOCK- it's the internet equivalent of yelling at the top of your lungs. I recommend getting a hold of Barry Green's DVX book. It's not focused specifically on Premiere but will get you up to speed on the DVX itself.

-Noah

Unlock the secrets of the DVX100 and Final Cut Pro!
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

daveyg
on Dec 17, 2006 at 2:29:52 am

sorry about the caps i was rendering something in ae at the time. i thought that would be a problem. i just want to figure it out. thanks

one more thing, for some reason when recording and trying to zoom from the handle, setting 2 doesnt do anything. is that a problem.

Return to posts index

Tim Scarpino
on Dec 17, 2006 at 11:08:46 pm

Zoom positon #2 is really "off" so that you don't accidently zoom when carrying the camera. It's actually nice to have that.

Good Luck,

Tim Scarpino

Return to posts index

Barry Green
on Dec 18, 2006 at 4:52:00 pm

You can change that in the menus, go to SW MODE and look for the option, you can have it be "off" or middle speed.

-----------------
Get the most from your DVX camera. The DVX Book and DVX DVD are now available on ebay and at Amazon (http://www.fiftv.com/db)

Return to posts index

daveyg
on Dec 22, 2006 at 2:23:38 am

thanks, im figuring it out step by step. i ordered your book cant wait, but i still need help using premier pro and my dvx anyone. ive searched and searched but no luck i only see people using fcp.- thanmks

Return to posts index

Tim Scarpino
on Dec 22, 2006 at 1:24:00 pm

What kind of "help" do you need?

Tim Scarpino

Return to posts index

daveyg
on Dec 24, 2006 at 1:25:57 pm

ive recorded from my dvx in 24pa. i start a new project and select the 24p preset correct? then i capture it. is there anything that i need to do once captured or can i drag it right into the timeline and do the editing.

then, on export for view on cpu? settings i tried quicktime but it was so horrible.

or export to dvd? settings

for web?

thanks so much

Return to posts index

SomethingMIsleading
on Jan 24, 2007 at 7:08:27 am

For view on computer, I always export as Microsoft DV, for web I personally use Flash Video Encoder, and for dvd with no menus you can go file-export-to dvd and it will burn a straight playable dvd. In encore I just use the Microsoft DV export and render in there. Also you might find more of what you need in the premiere forum.

http://www.somethingmisleading.com

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
on Jan 26, 2007 at 10:52:36 am

[daveyg] " i only see people using fcp"

There's a really good reason for that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]