FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVX External Video Monitor

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alexander
DVX External Video Monitor
on Jun 18, 2006 at 11:04:50 pm

Hi,

I want to use my Powerbook G4 as an external video monitor for my DVX-100. I connected the firewire cable to my powerbook and on the DVX-100 enabled "video out OSD" in the "display" menu. I'm using the "log capture" feature of FCP 5 to look at the image, the problem is I'd like to see the data that I see on the DVX LCD on my external monitor. Possible to see data on ext. monitor without recording that data to tape? Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,
Alexander

Return to posts index

Matte
Re: DVX External Video Monitor
on Jun 19, 2006 at 3:44:27 am

Nope.

And you are seeing a very poor-quality and stuttering-motion image if you are viewing via the FCP Log and Capture window.
Its designed to be very low quality.

I think there are small computer apps that will allow youj to view incoming video sources full-screen (or so) on a computer screen, I'd think that would be much better, but even then, a computer monitor is not going to be color-accurate like a CRT video monitor.
What's more, the computer monitor will not show you accurate exposure levels.

Return to posts index

Alexander
on Jun 19, 2006 at 7:22:45 am

Anyone suggestions for a better app for viewing external video?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jun 19, 2006 at 7:25:57 am

Even the cheapest TV hooked up to your DVX's S-Video output would be better. There is no app that you can use in tandem with FCP for desktop viewing. It's all proxy anyway.

Noah

Return to posts index

Alexander
on Jun 19, 2006 at 7:32:53 am

I'm doing a sit-down interview and can use a TV, but doesn't TV add noise that might be picked up by the sensitive shotgun mics? I know that if leave my TV on I can hear the "flickering" or "buzzing" from the next room.

Thanks.
A

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jun 19, 2006 at 4:16:05 pm

That's what pro monitors and/or headphones are for...

Noah

Return to posts index

Mitch Gross
on Jun 24, 2006 at 2:39:19 am

Use a portable LCD monitor. Not a computer screen but something that takes a standard composite video input. If you want to get some extra use out of it, most portable DVD plays have AV inputs these days. They're battery-powered to boot.

Mitch

Return to posts index

Alexander
on Jun 24, 2006 at 3:08:58 am

thanks for 411.

A

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]