FORUMS: list search recent posts

Camera lens....

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
editguy
Camera lens....
on Mar 10, 2006 at 2:24:47 am

anyone outhere with experience shooting with film lenses that fit to the DVX100A and can you
reccommend a production monitor?

Thanks for the info!

Rogelio

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Camera lens....
on Mar 10, 2006 at 4:00:23 am

Google for it- there's quite a few systems that allow you to bolt various other types of lenses with varying degrees of success. Truth be told Sony CRTs are the standard in production monitoring, Panny also makes a pretty sweet LCD monitor at 7" if you want something more portable.

Noah

Return to posts index

editguy
on Mar 10, 2006 at 6:11:49 pm

Thanks, I appreciate your help.

r

Return to posts index

mablywho
on Mar 11, 2006 at 2:28:56 am

The best system that I have seen for using film lenses with the DVX100 is the PS Technik Mini35 adapter. The DVX will sit in this adapter. The adapter has a standard film mount (either PL - Arri or Pana) so that you can put film primes or zooms on. Inside the adapter is a ground glass which the image coming through the film lens is projected onto. The DVX then recordeds that image off this ground glass. The ground glass is constantly spinning so that you don't see the texture of it.

I have shot with is a few times now and it is very impressive. The big advantage is being able to get the same depth of field as 35mm motion picture, but shooting to a media that costs 5 bucks per hour.

The adapter is very expensive to buy (like $12,000 all in), but can be rented. Of course you have to get film lenses as well.

chris.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]