Calling all p2CMS experts...
We are new to p2, having just purchased an HPX370. We are attempting to construct an archiving workflow and were pointed to Panasonic's P2 Content Management Software as a possible solution. Here was the idea:
1. Using p2CMS, give clips descriptive names in the metadata and create a database of all clips used in a project.
2. Copy files to appropriate Avid PC for edit.
3. Use AMA to access files so new clip names are visible during edit.
4. Archive p2 files to LTO tape drive
5. If specific clips are needed in future projects, access p2CMS database to search for descriptive clip name, and cross-reference p2-generated clip name.
6. Search LTO tape for p2-generated clip name.
7. Restore clip.
Here are the issues I'm running into:
1. p2CMS is WindowsXP 32bit only and our edit suites are Win7 64 bit, so we need to use other PCs for initial "logging".
2. It appears that we need to ingest the p2 card for its metadata to be added to the database. I hope I'm wrong, because I don't want to ingest the cards to a different PC than where it will be edited - big time waster.
3. I can't figure out how to access the database once it's been created.
4. I can't figure out how to put multiple cards into one database.
Am I trying to make it do something that it just won't do? Any suggestions? Step-by-step workflow inside p2cms?