FORUMS: list search recent posts

p2/editing problems

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jack lawton
p2/editing problems
on Feb 10, 2009 at 3:26:37 am

Hey Guys,
had a recent problem with p2 footage. I dropped a drive with a FCP project on it and lost a major portion of the capture scratch/quicktimes created from P2 cards. Does anyone know? can you re import p2 cards and reconnect media or will FCP assign a new random code name (M00954 or whatever) to each quicktime created? In other words the offline media in FCP has the old file name, when it imports will it re assign the same name? Any way to work backwards like this?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: p2/editing problems
on Feb 10, 2009 at 6:14:53 am

[jack lawton] "can you re import p2 cards and reconnect media or will FCP assign a new random code name (M00954 or whatever) to each quicktime created?"

Just connect the drive that has the P2 card dumps, then highlight your missing footage in the Browser, then go FILE>BATCH CAPTURE. The Log and Transfer window will reopen and the footage will reimport and keep the same clip names.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

jack lawton
on Feb 10, 2009 at 1:58:42 pm

Shane, thanks a million, life saver!

Return to posts index

jack lawton
on Feb 11, 2009 at 4:44:45 am

Thanks Shane,
just thought you should know, I was not able to batch capture the lost footage and have FCP find the original root files. However, I did re import each card, and automatically the original file names where re created in FCP. At this time, I saw the problematic un-connected media and the newly re imported footage with the original file names both in the browser window. I then reconnected media which FCP automatically found and then deleted the new imports in the browser with no problems. Thanks for you help, would have never discovered. Jack

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]