FORUMS: list search recent posts

HVX DVX Timecode Jam Sync

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Friedlander
HVX DVX Timecode Jam Sync
on Jan 7, 2009 at 5:49:22 pm

Our church is thinking on buying a timecode jamming device for our DVX100 and HVX200 multi camera shoots.
So far we have been importing the footage from both cameras and aligning up with a visual que in final cut which is pretty time consuming especially if you stop and start the cameras during a few hour shoot.

So we are looking for a hopefully wireless setup for syncing the timecodes in both of the cameras together so that in final cut we can just press a button and it would automatically line up the cameras.

2 questions that I have, what type of jamming device are we looking for that can do this cross camera HVX to DVX or do without the wireless capacity and just through firewire and if so how?

The second questions that I have is in FCP how to do this?? i have heard that it is easy to do based upon timecode but I dont know how..

Thanks

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: HVX DVX Timecode Jam Sync
on Jan 7, 2009 at 6:51:36 pm

That would be highly useful but to be honest I don't think such a thing exists or will exist. The best way to do it would be via audio timecode and a smart slate and sync box. That or pony up to get matching cameras that communicate with each other for proper jamming. Such as two HVX200s or two DVX100Bs.

Second question- once you have clips with matching timecodes you simply gang them together into a multiclip and you're all set sync wise.

Noah

Noah

Check out My My FCP Blog and my new RED Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook,
DVD Studio Pro and How to Light Interviews.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: HVX DVX Timecode Jam Sync
on Jan 8, 2009 at 7:17:56 am

It has been awhile since I used the DVX but if I remember correctly only the 100B can accept TC in. If this is the model you have you can jam sync one camera to the other via a FW cable connected to both cameras, see the manual for the procedure. The down side to this IF you cannot leave the FW connect you can and will get TC drift from one camera to another if either one is turned off and on. You can start and stop but it is the off and on that causes a problem.

If you have match TC all you do is make a Multicam clip in FCP and set it to sync TC. Super easy and quick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]