FORUMS: list search recent posts

Incomplete clips will not import

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Walker
Incomplete clips will not import
on Jan 5, 2009 at 1:05:23 am

We were shooting with a HVX-200 with 1 16gb card and a firestore attached. When the card became full
we took out the card and continued to record on the firestore. Now every clip recorded on the firestore only starts at the same timecode (I understand how that happens) and shows up as incomplete in the log and xfer window. I can play through the footage both in the log and xfer window and through the viewer on P2CMS so I know it is there, but it will not xfer into final cut. Please!!!!! tell me there is a remedy for this situation.
Don Walker

John 3:16

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Incomplete clips will not import
on Jan 5, 2009 at 2:47:04 pm

It's possible the lastclip file is missing or corrupted. Checkout Shane's Stock Answer #38 at http://library.creativecow.net/articles/ross_shane/fcp_faq3.php

Raylight for Mac might also offer an alternative way to import your files to FCP. http://dvfilmstore.com/raylight-for-mac.html

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.5 QT7.5.5 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870
ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE Enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
24" TV-Logic Monitor
Final Cut Studio 2 (up to date)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 5, 2009 at 3:24:34 pm

I have never used a firestore before, but know there's some step you have to do before you plug in the firestore and transfer the data. It's something having to do with preparing the footage before transfer.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Christopher Wright
on Jan 5, 2009 at 9:38:48 pm

If you shot in P2 format on the FS-100, you have to "Organize Clips" under the "Utilities" Menu. Then you import into FCP using "Log and Transfer" just like P2 cards. If shot in Quicktime mode, just drag them into your FCP bin and start editing.

Dual 2.5 G5, IO, Kona LH, IO, Medea Raid, UL4D, NVidia 6800, 4Gig RAM
Octocore 8 GB Ram, Radeon card, MBP, MXO
Windows Vista Adobe Studio CS4, Vegas 8.0, Lightwave 9.3, Sound Forge 9, Acid Pro 7, Continuum 5, Boris Red 4, Combustion 2008, Sapphire Effects

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
podcasts
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]