FORUMS: list search recent posts

Panasonic HVX-200 Servo Issues

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Heaberlin
Panasonic HVX-200 Servo Issues
on Nov 1, 2008 at 11:30:31 pm

I recently purchased an HVX200, and while testing it, I discovered an irregularity with the servo. I zoom in, using the side control, and immediately after I remove my finger, the servo automatically begins to zoom out and continues to do so until it reaches the widest setting. Not knowing if there was a motor issue or something else, I contacted the seller, and he told me that the problem can be fixed through menu setttings. Does anyone know how to do this?

On a side note, the handle zoom also appears not to work. I did find the settings to activate the handle zoom, though I suppose it's possible that another setting is overriding it. Any thoughts?

Please note that I have little experience working with the HVX200. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Panasonic HVX-200 Servo Issues
on Nov 2, 2008 at 4:24:36 am

Weird- this is not normal. I'd take it in for warranty repair.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and Win a Free Letus Extreme.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, DVD Studio Pro and Sound for Film and TV.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Andrew Heaberlin
on Nov 2, 2008 at 5:31:31 am

what about resetting the camera? the manual doesn't expressly explain the consequences of using the reset. Instead, it says not to do it unless the camera is not performing normally? should this qualify?

thanks.

Return to posts index

Jan Crittenden Livingston
on Nov 2, 2008 at 10:36:53 am

Hi,

Is this a new camera or a used one? This is not something that would be impacted by the reset. The reset will reset all of the menus back to the factory preset. So you can try it and see if it works, but you will lose all the settings that you might like in your menus, so note those before you do this. However, I can't think of a single menu that would cause the zoom to activate itself. Sounds more like a pinched ribbon cable, not an expensive repair, or if it is a new camera, certainly a warranty repair.

Hope this helps,

Jan

Jan Crittenden Livingston
Product Manager, HPX500, HVX200, DVX100
Panasonic Broadcast & TV Systems

Return to posts index

Andrew Heaberlin
on Nov 2, 2008 at 3:03:42 pm

Thank you very much. It is a used camera. How expensive would a repair be ballpark?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Nov 3, 2008 at 1:47:04 am

Depends where you take it- I'd guesstimate around $100 to diagnose maybe another $100-200 to fix. But that's a total guess. Could be a lot more. Did this happen immediately when you got it? I'd check with the seller about this if so.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and Win a Free Letus Extreme.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, DVD Studio Pro and Sound for Film and TV.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Dan Andersen
Panasonic HPX-500 reboot
on Aug 25, 2009 at 6:52:11 pm

How do I reboot my HPX-500 to factory settings? When I record in 720/25P or 720/30P sounds slips more than two seconds out of sync where the missing seconds are left out of the clip.

All the other shooting format - even 720/25PN - are not affected.

Return to posts index

Marc Kroll
on Nov 3, 2008 at 6:16:48 pm

I have an HVX-200, and it did the exact same thing.I took it to Abel Cine Tech, and it was repaired under warranty.At first they said it was "strange", then later told me it was happening in a lot of 200's.

Marc Kroll
Marcinema,LLC
2 Union St.#2G
Jersey City, NJ 07304

Marcinema@aol.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]