FORUMS: list search recent posts

P2 Transfer speed ?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alaa Ghuniem
P2 Transfer speed ?
on Oct 13, 2008 at 12:25:05 pm

I have HPX 2100 and I have 2 P2 " 64 gb " but when I transfer it from Camera to PC I need more the 35 m for 35 shooting time
how I can make my camera make it faster and afster
do you have any idea

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: P2 Transfer speed ?
on Oct 13, 2008 at 6:23:01 pm

Shooting time has nothing to do with transfer time, file size is what matters. If that is a full 64GB card that is pretty good speed.

Going from Camera to camera is probably the slowest way to do it. I'm on a mac and with the MacBook Pro a lot of people are using Duel Adapter ($120). Panasonic makes a 5-card reader that is great but it is $2K. The other thing that speeds thing up is faster drives at least FW800 and for them to be on another bus then what the camera/card is on.

Return to posts index

Alaa Ghuniem
on Oct 14, 2008 at 6:56:11 am

thank you first of all I have complete shooting and my P2 64 Gb is full now I need to transfer it my question is what is the fastest way to transfer it to my PC to edit it :
1- By FireWire "I did not try my Camera FireWire if we can transfer the file from it My camera is HPX-2100"
2- By PCMCIA ( or using the adapter to Express card but it connect to PC or MAC by USB cable so the Max transfer rate is 240MB/Sec) is it faster ??!!
3- By Panasonic Drive also it is connect to PC by USB
I don't how to transfer the file to my PC in fastest ,also I have another problem Panasonic C M it can make ingest to P2 file to my PC but My PC has vista and this program doesn't support VISTA I contacted Panasonic about it but no answer until now .
64 Gb need 62 minutes I was using USB cable from Camera to PC , I disappointed coz the Tape is same I thought it will speed up my job
and thank you very much for response Mr.Michael

BR
Alaa

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Oct 17, 2008 at 12:20:27 pm

I will pass this on to you from Shane's previous post.

http://www.panasonic.com/business/provideo/p2-hd/white-papers.asp

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Board of Directors
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Bjoern Adamski
on Oct 17, 2008 at 10:27:02 pm

The theoretic access speed of a P2 card is 640 Mbit/s, the theoretic transfer speed of FireWire is 400 and 800 Mbit/s. In real life the transfer speed is much lower. The max transfer speed I ever measured was with a P2 drive via FW800 on a Mac Pro. I got 40 MB/s, so about 320 Mbit/s. I remember it was really strange as the transfer speed was decreased to 20 MB/s when the FireWire hub of my Cinema Display was connected. The FireWire port of the HVX200 is incredible slow.

---------------------
Product Manager
MXF4mac
http://mxf4mac.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]