FORUMS: list search recent posts

importing P2 material into FCP 6

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
wendelien van oldenborgh
importing P2 material into FCP 6
on Jul 21, 2008 at 3:18:20 am

hello,

why is my FCP version 6.3 (which i have with me on a G4 laptop) not showing any import possibilities for the P2 material I have shot?

I am working far away from home, and have used this format on recommendation here in Brazil. During the shoot I have stored the material on a external HD with all files included, but my version of Final Cut makes no sign of recognizing them, neither through Log and Transfer, nor do I get an option of Panasonic P2 or anything in the import > fold down.

perhaps someone can throw a light on this mystery?
would another machine be able to recognize the files perhaps? or do I still miss a plug in?

thank you very much

wendelien

Return to posts index

rainer Wirth
Re: importing P2 material into FCP 6
on Jul 21, 2008 at 4:13:43 pm

normally the files show in the log and transfer window.
Does your external drive show up?
Did you transfer th whole content folder?

Rainer

Return to posts index

wendelien van oldenborgh
on Jul 21, 2008 at 5:24:32 pm

thanks so much for responding Rainer,

the thing is that they don't show up in the log and tranfer window and even if I drag the folder there, it doesn't stick.

the external drive does show, just everything stays white.

i did safe both contents folder and text file.

the only thing which makes me think there is another step to do is that in he import scroll down the name Panasonic P2 does not show up. perhaps I will have to install that option still, but how? i checked almost all plug in i could find so far.

thank again, maybe i will just tranfer th file into quicktime files through another machine..

bests
wendelien

Return to posts index

Michael Alberts
on Jul 22, 2008 at 12:40:03 am

Also make sure you don't have the FX Factory v1.0 FX plug-ins installed. Either upgrade them to 2.0 or trash them.
If you don't have those plug ins installed what version of the OS and QT are you running?

Michael Alberts
Ambidextrous Productions, Inc.
http://www.ambidextrous.net

Return to posts index

wendelien van oldenborgh
on Jul 23, 2008 at 2:00:32 pm

thank so much for the response,

in the meantime I have found out the problem: in my version of FCP (6.0.3) it is ONLY through the log and tranfer that one can import the material. And only through one method that doesn't show itself so clearly. I was looking for the possibilities which were given in most descriptions and by the people whom I rented the camera from: like dragging the contents folder into the log and tranfer window - which doesn't work at all. nor does a possibility of going through the import > line work (only in FCP 5.x)

anyway, sorry for my desperation: it is a simple action, where one opens the log and tranfer window, go to the top left button on the window itself to open de place where the files are kept and choose the contents folder. ONLY. if you choose the video clip itself, it doesn't work, nor the whole of the folder where both contents and the text-file are kept.

a simple action when we know it!
thanks for the support, and perhaps this information might help someone with the same blindness as myself,

greetings

wendelien

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]