FORUMS: list search recent posts

P2 MXF problems with FCP

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Hustings
P2 MXF problems with FCP
on Jul 8, 2008 at 10:54:34 pm

Hello Chaps,
Apologies if this is a little off topic.
I'm having problems with FCP 6.04 recognizing any form of MXF data while using an intel Mac Book Pro while in the Log & Transfer window.
My data was ingested via a P2 Store (using the same MBP I'm having the problem with) onto an external FW800 Lacie Quadra (Including all relevant files and folders as highlighted in Shane Ross' tutorial) No problems so far..
But when I go to Log and Transfer, and select the appropriate Folder, and press open, nothing happens. I'm returned to the Log and Transfer window and that's it. No beach ball of death, no error message and no video ready to be viewed.

I then plugged the same external Lacie into my Power PC G5 (also running FCP 6.04) and Log and Transfer worked exactly as it should do, and I was able to create all the Quicktime files that I needed. No problems at all.
I can't for the life of me, work out the problem. Both machines are running the same version of FCP, QT, OSX 10.4.11, and using the same p2 driver.
Can anyone shed any light on this for me? Ideally I need to use the MBP for most of the work as I will be editing on location. (And I'm back on location in 10 hrs!!)

Thanks in advance!

Simon Hustings.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: P2 MXF problems with FCP
on Jul 9, 2008 at 1:09:23 am

Have you tried trashing your prefs?

Is your Lacie drive formatted properly?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jul 9, 2008 at 8:01:36 am

Have FC Factory installed? If so, uninstall it and try again. Versions 1 and 2 interfered with P2 import. FX Factory 2.0.1 update fixed this.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Simon Hustings
on Jul 9, 2008 at 9:22:41 am

Shane,

That was it! I removed FX Factory and everything started working. That was the missing link as I did not have FX Factory installed on the G5. Thanks for your help!!

Simon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]