FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looking at wireless mics for a HVX-200

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary Goldblum
Looking at wireless mics for a HVX-200
on Jun 4, 2008 at 6:02:05 pm

Hi,

I am looking into a wireless mic set up for a hvx-200. I want a dual channel receiver that can mount on/near the camera (battery operated) and 2 transmitters, and 2 mics. I don't need super high end, but sound quality is vital. I know that Audio Technica makes some, also Sennheiser. I've also come across something called Lectrosonics, but have no experience with anything wireless.

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks!

Gary

Thanks!

Gary

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Looking at wireless mics for a HVX-200
on Jun 5, 2008 at 12:42:36 pm

Lectrosonics comes very highly rated, at least from the sound guys we work with.

Return to posts index

Brad Neal
on Jun 5, 2008 at 12:55:35 pm

When we first started searching for wireless mic's, I too was all freaked out about wanting dual channel, but one of my sound guys told me about the Sennheiser EW100 stuff, which is single channel. I picked up one kit and worked with it for a while, and then ordered another.

For the money, they are a really nice setup, and so far, I have not missed the second channel. I think I paid about $600US for the set, and it comes with a receiver and shoe-mount adapter, a lav, and a XLR transmitter that plugs into the bottom of a hand-held.

If we would have had the budget, I would have gone with a higher-end dual channel setup, but the cash wasn't there so went with the single and I am very happy with them.

-Brad

Return to posts index

Scot Lenter
on Jun 5, 2008 at 2:59:41 pm

Gary,
Lectorsonics makes the best wireless products out there. They are a little more expensive but totally worth it. I am sure they have a configuration for exactly what you need.

Scot Lenter
Midtown Video
Miami, Florida
Service Manager
Rental Agent
scot@midtownvideo.com
305-669-1117

Return to posts index

Justin Parker
on Jun 5, 2008 at 10:46:43 pm

I can vouch for the EW100. It's pretty rare to have any kind of dropout and they are very durable. I had a transmitter drop about 6 feet onto a concrete floor and it still works 3 years later.

It's not a diversity unit, but it does have different channels that you can switch to if there is interference.

Return to posts index

Brad Neal
on Jun 6, 2008 at 12:57:30 pm

Thanks for the clarification, Justin. I meant to say that it's not a diversity mic. Instead I said it's not dual-channel.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]