FORUMS: list search recent posts

idiot P2 conversion question

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nelson May
idiot P2 conversion question
on May 16, 2008 at 9:10:33 pm

I am being lazy here, because I am burned out from rigging all week. I got called to DP a spot at the last minute with my HVX. I have the firestore. I did everything right except left the file type on p2 by accident. This was from a friend who rented it last week.

I never got into P2 and usually use .mov and drag and drop. I organized my reel. How do I convert the P2 files? I just want to see them. The editor already has them. i just want to take a look at my work for scrutiny (LOL).

Thanks.

Burned out and lazy. I also have FCP 5 Studio.

G5, 1.7, 4MB RAM, 30"cine, G4, 1.6 2MB RAM, Mbox, Neumann TLM-103, FCP HD 5. Pro Tools, Adobe Creative Suite, Reason 3.0, Macromedia Studio, ProAnimator, HVX200 with Firestore v4.0

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: idiot P2 conversion question
on May 16, 2008 at 10:55:54 pm

Import P2 or Log and Transfer from the File menu- not sure which as it depends on your version of FCP.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color. Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Nelson May
on May 16, 2008 at 11:18:33 pm

I tried to import and it wouldn't let me. I have FCP 5, not the new 6. I do have all the software updates. Do I load a p2 filter. Again, since I have a firestore, I have never used P2.

Thanks,

G5, 1.7, 4MB RAM, 30"cine, G4, 1.6 2MB RAM, Mbox, Neumann TLM-103, FCP HD 5. Pro Tools, Adobe Creative Suite, Reason 3.0, Macromedia Studio, ProAnimator, HVX200 with Firestore v4.0

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on May 17, 2008 at 3:40:15 am

It won't let you how- you aren't seeing the clips on the firestore in the log and transfer window or?? You might simply have too old of a system. I'd check with Focus Enhancements as well.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color. Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Nelson May
on May 17, 2008 at 3:51:34 am

I am seeing the .mxf clips, but I can't highlight any of them. I downloaded the PC2MS AC intra software decoder.

Again, I am very tired from my week and am not concentrating well. There may be something I am missing.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on May 17, 2008 at 9:17:06 pm

[Nelson May] "There may be something I am missing."

Hopefully you got a good nights' sleep and you are thinking more clearly.

For FCP5.

File > Import > Panasonic P2

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Nelson May
on May 17, 2008 at 11:54:16 pm

Thank you.

After much sleep, it is plain as day.

Return to posts index

Andres Jimenez
on Jun 25, 2008 at 8:29:54 pm

You have to use the organize P2 function on the firestore before trying to import it on FCp did you do that?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]