FORUMS: list search recent posts

HPX2000 Hard Case

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Gerard
HPX2000 Hard Case
on May 8, 2008 at 2:29:54 pm

Hey all you 2000 owners out there, anyone have any luck on finding a hard sided case for your 2000? I have ordered the case through my dealer, and the camera doesn't fit! Its the Thermodyne SHAN900 that Panasonic sends out, but the foam isn't cut out for the back of the camera correctly. They've ordered it 3 times, and they keep sending out the same case. It fits the 900 fine, but doesn't quite fit right for the HPX2000.

Any ideas? They are now telling me that they can carve the foam insert to fit, but this seems a little wonky for an expensive camera that's been out for a while.

Matt

Its more fun to ride a slow motorcycle fast than a fast motorcycle slow...

Return to posts index

Jan Crittenden Livingston
Re: HPX2000 Hard Case
on May 8, 2008 at 2:39:38 pm

Hi,

It might be depending on the lens because the current foam does fit the 900, the 500 and the 2000, 3000, but I do know the the lens choice can position the camera just a bit differtly than the one we had on the camera. Why not just finesse the foam a smidge with a razor blade?

We do have another case that is larger from Pelican that will also hold a P2 Gear, a 9" monitor and the RC10 that will also fit the 2000 camera, Its model number is the SHAN-HPX500. Fully loaded it is 70 lbs. But its nice in that when you ship the production case, you have everything in one case.

Best,

Jan

Jan Crittenden Livingston
Product Manager, HPX500, HVX200, DVX100
Panasonic Broadcast & TV Systems

Return to posts index

Matt Gerard
on May 8, 2008 at 2:59:35 pm

[Jan Crittenden Livingston] "Why not just finesse the foam a smidge with a razor blade? "

OK, knowing that the lens choice does shove the camera back a little, this is probably what I will end up doing. I've got the big wide angle Fujinon HD lens. Nice lens, can darn near see the back of my head when I go full wide...

My dealer said he will cut it out, so if someone goes too nuts with the carving knife, its not my fault!!!

[Jan Crittenden Livingston] "We do have another case that is larger from Pelican that will also hold a P2 Gear, a 9" monitor and the RC10 that will also fit the 2000 camera, Its model number is the SHAN-HPX500. Fully loaded it is 70 lbs. But its nice in that when you ship the production case, you have everything in one case. "

Geez that sounds like a pretty huge case, but it will probably have the same issue with the length of the lens, am I correct? I don't think we need to haul all that stuff in one case, although it would be handy to have.

I did see this model number for a hard case "AJ-HT901G". Although it says not available in some areas. What is this case for? Would it fit better?

Thanks for the Quick response, Jan, it is much appreciated.

Matt

Return to posts index

Rod Paul
on May 8, 2008 at 9:02:15 pm

When I bought my Varicam Rich Abel designed an A&J case that holds the camera body, a small monitor and some accessories. The case also has wheels and a pullout handle. As I do not like to ship the camera w. lens attached, it works fine for me, and now I use it for my 3000. I hand carry the lens in a small pelican-style case. While the case isn't small -- it is smaller than the Thermodyne, it is robust enough to survive the current airline handling. You cannot contact Abel Cine as I'm sure they have the model #.

Return to posts index

Scott Gill
on May 20, 2008 at 3:15:25 pm

I have the AJ-HT900P case and it has the same issue. It will fit but has to be forced in.

Return to posts index

Matt Gerard
on May 20, 2008 at 4:21:58 pm

Yeah, we ditched the hard case idea, my boss didn't like having to fudge the case to get it to fit right, and when he looked at it, it didn't look like it would support the camera in all the right places. Not sure what we are going to do yet, but we don't have to ship it as of yet, so we aren't in a big hurry. Want to get it right so the camera is protected.

MAtt

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]