FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hvx200 and Sony PVM-8044q

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Summerall
Hvx200 and Sony PVM-8044q
on Nov 6, 2007 at 4:42:21 pm

I purchased a Sony PVM-8044q field monitor off of ebay to use with my 200. I go this monitor because everything that I could find about it said that it would display 16x9. Well I got it today and everything is squished vertically, meaning that while I am normally vertically challenged, on this monitor I could play for the NBA.

Does anyone own this model? Do you know how to switch it to do 16x9 correctly? I have seen photos of one showing 16:9 letterboxed and I guess that is what this one should do, but it isn't.

FWIW, the 200 is set to 720/24pn, cmpt out downconverts to 480i. Output aspect ratio is set to AUTO and cannot be changed. Also using the Cine V scene file.

Help please!!!

K

Return to posts index

Rennie
Re: Hvx200 and Sony PVM-8044q
on Nov 6, 2007 at 5:19:46 pm

Hi, on some 8044's there is a 16:9 provision but not all of them have it. If yours has it there will be a small slider switch on the back and it is labled 4:3 on the left and 16:9 on the right. From top to bottom it is about the middle. From side to side it is on the left beside the component inputs and just above the 120V power plug. Not all monitors have it so if the ebay seller advertised it as 16:9 you should demand a refund if it is not there. The trouble with ebay as a lot of people cut and paste info about stuff they have for sale so they could cut and paste info about an 8044 that has 16:9 but not realise the monitor they have doesn't have the feature.

FYI - The same is true for PVM-8041 to 8044 monitors, you have to check.
PVM-8045 monitors all have 16:9 and the switch is on the front.

Return to posts index

Ken Summerall
Re: Hvx200 and Sony PVM-8044q
on Nov 6, 2007 at 5:33:10 pm

Well (*&^*&@$(*^&%(&#$^(*!

All of my research pointed to the conclusion that all of the 8044's had this feature. I now know what to ask.

FWIW, the seller didn't indicate 16:9, he didn't indicate anything. Hopefully he will take it back and I can start all over.

Thanks for the help.

K

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]