FORUMS: list search recent posts

variable frame rate question

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
b_ringuet
variable frame rate question
on Jul 27, 2007 at 12:52:13 pm

Hi, I've read the fine manual(s) and faqs and forum threads and just about anything one can get on the internet and still can't get it right.
Have: hvx200/fs-100/fcp 6
Trying to do slo/fast mo. Understand it can either be done 'in camera' (vfr) or with fcp (frc). At least that's my assumption this morning.
None of my settings so far have worked so I won't bother illustrating my profound stupidity.
What I think I should be setting:
hvx
REC SETUP: 720/24P
SCENE FILE: 48fps
fs-100
DVCPROHD REC
QUICKTIME PN
fcp 6
DVCPRO HD - 720p24

Thanks
Barry Ringuet

Return to posts index

Barry Green
Re: variable frame rate question
on Jul 27, 2007 at 4:13:10 pm

You can't do it in-camera with the FS-100 (yet); perhaps a future firmware update will allow that.

So yes, you'd set 720/24p mode and FILM CAM and set your frame rate to your chosen rate (in this case 48fps). Then, as I understand it, you'd run the Apple Frame Rate Converter utility to strip out the duplicate frames and leave you with a 24fps file with (approximately) 2:1 slow motion.

With that said, you'll have to ask one of the Apple experts here for more info on the process of using the FRC; I'm just pointing out that yes, that's the workflow that you're going to have to follow to get this to work.

-----------------
Get the most from your DVX camera. The DVX Book and DVX DVD are now available on ebay and at Amazon (http://www.fiftv.com/db)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]