FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mic for HVX?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kat.hayes
Mic for HVX?
on Jul 26, 2007 at 7:40:51 pm

We are going to order the HVX so we do not have it yet. How is the quality of the on board mic for hvx? Can anyone recommend another one?

Return to posts index

msacci
Re: Mic for HVX?
on Jul 27, 2007 at 3:03:08 am

The built-in mic is not very useful in most situations. The external optional mic does an okay job if you are close to your subject but you really to define what you will be doing. Unfortunately there is not one type of mic that works for all situations.

Return to posts index

kat.hayes
on Jul 29, 2007 at 10:53:29 pm

I need to do some simple interviews that will involve 2-3 people and sometimes some simple scenes that will take place in a room without outside noise.

Can I plug a boom mic or wireless lavaliers into the external port or do I really need a mixer to go in between.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Eric Hansen
on Jul 27, 2007 at 4:19:34 pm

we use the Sennheiser ME64 with a Lightwave fuzzy and it works great for run and gun. we also spread it across 2 channels and run one at a lower level than the other to make sure that it doesnt distort. in post it so much nicer to to be working with a good mono mic (at 2 different levels). those stereo on-camera mics dont just sound bad, but the stereo spread can be very difficult to add to the mix.

btw, the on-camera mic on the HVX is much better than most.

e

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]