FORUMS: list search recent posts

corrupt P2 footage !!!

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mrshow555
corrupt P2 footage !!!
on May 4, 2007 at 6:03:47 am

We recently had a problem with our RAID drives which hold all of our media and had to erase them. So we moved all of our footage off the RAIDS and onto external Tera drives. Then we fixed the RAIDS and brought the media back, reconnected everything but some files seem to be corrupted.

The clips have one of two problems.

1. some clips are still the original length, but the screen is entirely green (a similar green to a movie preview's rating screen)
2. some files have drop out, or skips in them, with the screen turning grey with transparent checkerboard squares of the video visible through them.

Does anyone have any idea how this happened and if there's a setting or fix we need to do, or do we have to just re-import all the footage whose mxf files we have backed up?

Side Note: Not sure if this has anything to do with it but we're using Final Cut 5.0.4 on a Power PC G5 and not 5.1 (which is what the editor said was the reason the RAIDS had trouble and that 5.0.4 has a lot of known bugs- but again this si the same guy that had trouble reconnecting media until I came in a renamed the RAID to it's original name pre-reformat and viola everything magically reconneted)

Please help.

Return to posts index

Eric Hansen
Re: corrupt P2 footage !!!
on May 4, 2007 at 4:45:01 pm

if you can, i definitely recommend upgrading to 5.1.4

every update to FCP since 5.0 has had a significant increase in P2 reliability. i had various problems with MXF footage and their resulting Quicktimes until i got to version 5.1.4. its the most stable for P2 by far.

if you play back your files in Quicktime Player, not FCP, do they look OK, or do they still have the same problems?

e

Return to posts index

bbalser
on May 7, 2007 at 9:01:54 pm

Yes, you DO in fact have to name the RAID drives EXACTLY as they were originally names. FCP has nothing to do with corrupted files, nor with the operation of a RAID system. That guy was covering for his lack of knowledge. The version of FCP he claims was buggy, was not. The only P2 bug in FCP for P2 was in the P2 Import window, and nowhere else. Some people's children...

- Apple Certified Trainer
- Tutorials at http://www.bbalser.com
- South Louisiana FCP Users Group
- NOVAC Digital Filmmakers Institute
- Event DV magazine

Return to posts index

Matt Case
on May 8, 2007 at 3:48:54 am

So then v 5.1.4 should remedy this issue? The reason I ask is because we have 2 versions, the older (5.0.4) is saying a clip is corrupt. The newer (5.1.4) is actually crashing on the same clip. I'm not saying that this is an FCP issue. But I'd like to understand why some clips will import and some will not. BTW, all clips and data is viewable in the P2 Log software (Imagine Products) so, this is even more perplexing.

Return to posts index

mrshow555
on May 10, 2007 at 10:29:38 pm

I started a new thread with pictures of the exact problem we're seeing. We're running on FCP 5.1.4 and I'm having problems on a new project that was imported entirely in this version of FCP.

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/193/865058?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]