FORUMS: list search recent posts

Clip question....?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mrshow555
Clip question....?
on Apr 10, 2007 at 10:48:32 pm

I'm using the HVX-200 sometiems with P2 and sometimes with the FS-100 Firestore drive. I noticed that the camera is dividing footage into clips even when we're not pressing record or stop. Is there a setting that tells the camera to keep all the footage in the same clip until I press stop or does it have to make a new clip based on the nature of this type of recording method?

I just hate going through my footage and watching 2 minute clips that cut people off in the middle of a sentance and then have to open the next subsequent clip and then being forced to have two or more clips in the timeline for essentially one shot.

Return to posts index

Barry Green
Re: Clip question....?
on Apr 10, 2007 at 11:43:42 pm

The FireStore cuts clips into two-gigabyte files; the cards themselves divide files at 4 gigabytes. If you're using an MXF-aware application like EDIUS, the files are automatically stitched back together for you behind-the-scenes so you wouldn't even know this had happened.

-----------------
Get the most from your DVX camera. The DVX Book and DVX DVD are now available on ebay and at Amazon (http://www.fiftv.com/db)

Return to posts index

mrshow555
on Apr 11, 2007 at 12:09:02 am

But what about when using them with FCP and it imports them as Quciktime files. Is there a setting I can do that will tell FCP I want the clips stitched together?

Return to posts index

Barry Green
on Apr 11, 2007 at 3:40:42 am

I don't use FCP, so I can't answer that. Perhaps Noah Kadner or Shane Ross can answer?

-----------------
Get the most from your DVX camera. The DVX Book and DVX DVD are now available on ebay and at Amazon (http://www.fiftv.com/db)

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Apr 11, 2007 at 3:50:28 am

I hear there is a setting, but I have yet to find it. I have clips that are spanned between cards and I have to join them after the fact. I put them together in a sequence, then export a ref movie.

I've looked all over the Import window for that option and I don't see it. The Import window will show two clips that are supposed to be connected, but when I try, I can't seem to get them as one.

Maybe I gave up too easily.

Shane

Littlefrog Post
http://www.lfhd.net

Return to posts index

mrshow555
on Apr 11, 2007 at 4:34:15 am

Yeah we thought about the "putting the clips in the timeline and exporting" option but we have Teras of HD 720p60 footage and also if there was a crash we wouldn't be reconnecting to the P2/Firestore originals but files that essentially don't exist and would have to be re-created. I'll have to look around for those settings windows :(

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]