FORUMS: list search recent posts

Time Code question....

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mrshow555
Time Code question....
on Apr 4, 2007 at 8:25:36 pm

We're shooting HD720p60 footage with the Panasonic HVX-200 on the P2 Cards as well as the FireStore FS-100 drives.

Is there a way to preserve the timecode on the clips and keep them continuous instead of always reverting back to 00:00:00:00 on either of these types of media?

Return to posts index

Russell Lasson
Re: Time Code question....
on Apr 4, 2007 at 9:18:32 pm

Yes. You can set the camera to free run and it will continue to run on each clip. That will be time of day.

I just played with record run and I can't figure out how it would automatically reset? You can select a timecode preset and reset it, but that's manual.

-Russ

Return to posts index

mrshow555
on Apr 4, 2007 at 10:02:15 pm

Does that go the same for shooting straight to the FS-100 FireStore drives? Or are there certain settings we need to apply for that to come through the firewire? I know when we use the FireStore currently it set up in a way where we use the controls on the FS-100 for start/stop recording instead of the HVX's record button. Is there a different way we should be running our setup?

Return to posts index

Russell Lasson
on Apr 4, 2007 at 10:23:40 pm

Not sure. I'll have to play with the firestore that we have here. I'll give it a try soon. Maybe someone else that is more experienced with the firestore could answer.

-Russ

Return to posts index

Luc Bourgeois
on Apr 4, 2007 at 9:59:34 pm

Mine FS is set up in TC Rec Run, my client was using a player from MOG solutions and was giving me his shots list with TC, the problem was that his TC was sequential(yes even in Rec Run)but on my system it was all starting at 00:00:00:00(had to ask him where in the hell are you getting this TC from) trial and error lead me to download the xml files produced by the Firestore and when I did this as soon as I put an MXF file on the time line bingo there was the sequencial TC available, so from now on I copy the firestore full file structure(contents-->video, audio, clips, proxy, voice, icon)onto my system drives this way all the file integrity is maintained and life is much easier. Just grab the contents folder from FS and copy onto your system drive or whatever else you backup onto

Luc

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]