FORUMS: list search recent posts

P2 Import Issue (nothing happens)

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Allan Spiers
P2 Import Issue (nothing happens)
on Dec 30, 2006 at 12:27:45 am

Hello All,

I have posted this at Apple's FCP forum and many suggeted I post this here.

I have a project that I have been importing P2 folders into FCP 5.1.2. All 21 folder import fine except one. Every time I place the suspect CONTENTS folder into the import well, nothing happens. I have tried using the "add folder" button, same thing...the window appears to let me select the CONTENTS folder, I select it, nothing happens.

I do, however, get the standard errors when I select something other that the CONTENTS folder.

I have put the folders back onto a P2 card and attempted to repair it in a HVX 200 camera. Still nothing happens when I bring it back in.

Any ideas?

One thing that seems a bit odd is that 2 of the XML files are all jumbled looking when I open them in TextEdit. The other three look like the traditional XML format.

Perhaps the XML transaltion data became corrupt somehow? Is there a way to repair this?

Thanks for the help.

Allan Spiers

Return to posts index

Mike L
Re: P2 Import Issue (nothing happens)
on Dec 31, 2006 at 7:49:58 pm

Yo Allen-

Can you try importing the offenders at the Clip level rather than the Folder level? (I assume you have the P2 drivers loaded so you can import the original MXF files directly into FCP - very important)

Do these offender clips span two or more folders/P2 volumes? (If so, then you might need to re-import them directly into FCP. You may need the original TXT files from the P2 volumes to link the clips together seamlessly)

P2 voiumes are different from "normal" volumes, and the MXF file structure is not particularly straightforward either. When you open a P2 volume, you should see a "Contents" folder and a .txt file that - in my experience - MUST remain associated with the "Contents" folder in order for the P2/MXF file structure/import to work properly. No .txt file, no span, no import.

Also - did the XML's come via e-mail? Try re-e-mailing as a ZIP file instead - I've had issues with the way different mail apps treat the XML attachment.

HTH

Mike L

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]