FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting from FCP to P2 Card

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mitch Ives
Exporting from FCP to P2 Card
on Apr 17, 2006 at 3:02:14 am

I've seen a few references to this, but no steps. Have read the white paper and cannot get the HVX to record to P2.

Video was shot on P2 in 24PN, edited in FCP using the Kona LH. I've tried using it in the existing sequence. I've tried embedding that sequence in a new sequence using the DVCpro HD codec with firewire for deck control. Used PTT in FCP... that all works fine, just can't get the HVX to enter record mode.

Does anyone have the exact steps and settings for both the HVX and FCP? P2 card is empty. When in MCR mode, should I be looking at all the empty blue clip boxes?

Thanks...

Mitch Ives
Insight Productions Corp.
mitch@insightproductions.com

Apple Certified Trainer: Final Cut pro 5

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Exporting from FCP to P2 Card
on Apr 17, 2006 at 5:04:31 am

Hi Mitch-

Did you press the Audio/Dub/Thumbnail button to switch the output of FCP onto the HVX, and then record using the REC buttons? Works great for me. Also check Shane's how-to videos:

http://www.proapptips.com/shane

-Noah

Return to posts index

Mitch Ives
on Apr 17, 2006 at 2:10:35 pm

Thanks Noah... Barry straightened me out... I wasn't doing all the camera part first, and THEN launching FCP...

Mitch Ives
Insight Productions Corp.
mitch@insightproductions.com

Apple Certified Trainer: Final Cut pro 5

Return to posts index

david Saraceno
on Apr 17, 2006 at 3:23:27 pm

Wouldn't it be nice if you could just export your sequence to mxf format and copy it to the p2 card?

Return to posts index

thefilmaddict
on Apr 17, 2006 at 4:13:33 pm

The first post asked for step by step directions of going from Final Cut Pro to P2 via the HVX200. I'm glad you figured out the steps, but it would benefit the rest of us if you posted these steps. Thanks!

Return to posts index

david Saraceno
on Apr 17, 2006 at 5:00:11 pm

1. Carefully identify your sequence settings in FCP, ie 720p/60.

2. Match those settings in the cam using the camera mode, number 5, recording set up.

3. Attach cam via firewire, then turn it on, and launch FCP.

4. Switch to VCR mode.

5. Press audio dub button to go to full screen

6. Press menu, then recording set up (no. 1)

7. 1394 TC REGEN - On
1394 UB REGEN - On
TC MODE - DF
TC PRESET -----
UB MODE - FRM RATE
UB PRESET ----
1394 IN PRESET - OFF

8. Render sequence.

9. Print to video command

10. At prompt, simultaneously pus rec/grey button under handle

11. Use the stop command on remote to stop

Return to posts index

thefilmaddict
on Apr 18, 2006 at 2:50:50 pm

Thanks for the instructions!!!

Return to posts index

Barry Green
on Apr 17, 2006 at 11:38:19 pm

[david Saraceno] "Wouldn't it be nice if you could just export your sequence to mxf format and copy it to the p2 card?"

Oh, it is nice indeed. Canopus Edius Broadcast does it. One reason I've been using Edius more and more, and FCP less and less. Sure would be nice if Apple would just take that one last step and add MXF support to the timeline!

-----------------
Get the most from your DVX camera. The DVX Book and DVX DVD are now available on ebay and at Amazon (http://www.fiftv.com/db)

Return to posts index

harold ferguson
on Apr 18, 2006 at 12:56:56 am

Barry: I just got back from a client today in Charlotte, NC that I shoot for. I did a shoot for him about 3 weeks ago and since he already was deep in to G5 FCP I talked him into upgrading to 5.4 in able to edit the footage I shot with the HVX. So I take the camera and with the cards and getting all the setting set to the fw mode.(hey I'm use to usb) everything went smooth. His editor brought the footage into the timeline and, then I ask for her to preview the footage, she say I will have to render it. then he ask. When I get the final edit how do I get it back to HD. Then I take him and the editor over to my laptop with Edius Broadcast and show him the export to P2 and real time playback and he ask why don't FCP do this. I say. Call Apple. I love the Apple system I still use FCP for some DV projects But HDDVCPRO.I use Canopus Broadcast.
Mule Ferguson

Return to posts index

david Saraceno
on Apr 18, 2006 at 3:45:52 pm

In FCP 5.0.4, there isn't any rendering using p2 cards and footage with the HVX200.

And you get a real time desktop cinema preview.

This is also true in 5.1.

The difference is being able to wrap a sequence ina mxf wrapper and drag it onto a mounted p2 card.

NAB is next week.

Return to posts index

Barry Green
on Apr 20, 2006 at 12:35:45 am

Yeah, he shouldn't have had to render if his sequence settings were right...

-----------------
Get the most from your DVX camera. The DVX Book and DVX DVD are now available on ebay and at Amazon (http://www.fiftv.com/db)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]