COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Zelin
where are the Panasonic monitors ???
on Dec 26, 2005 at 8:14:57 pm

I know this is the P2 forum, but I have no other place to bitch about
Panasonic - and it applies to the HDX-200 as well. Panasonic advertises
like crazy - even on Creative Cow - products like the HDX-200, the
TH50PHD8UK Plasma, and the widely advertised BT-LH1700 LCD monitor. Yet they are available NO WHERE, and they have been advertised for months now.

What gives ???

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Barry Green
Re: where are the Panasonic monitors ???
on Dec 26, 2005 at 8:23:56 pm

A friend of mine just took delivery of a BT-LH1700 last week. They're definitely available.

-----------------
Get the most from your DVX camera. The DVX Book and DVX DVD are now available on ebay and at Amazon (http://www.fiftv.com/db)

Return to posts index

david garcia
on Dec 27, 2005 at 12:22:59 am

We got our BTLH1700W over a month ago from our local Panasonic dealer. It is sweet. I'm very pleased. We didn't even have to order it. They had one in stock and we're in Albuquerque.

I know B&H has 'em.

david garcia
Halflife* Digital
albuquerque, nm

Return to posts index

jaser
on Dec 27, 2005 at 5:05:54 am

so what would you guys recommend for monitoring hvx footage? i'd like to take advantage of 1080p footage especially. i don't think the panny 17" will handle that type of rez will it? any other suggestions? thanks!

Return to posts index

jiri vrozina
on Dec 29, 2005 at 9:37:54 pm

Before You buy,do Yourself a favour and have a look at new JVC hd monitors.
I find them better then LCD hd Panasonics.
jiri vrozina

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Dec 27, 2005 at 1:50:58 pm

[Bob Zelin] "the
TH50PHD8UK Plasma, and the widely advertised BT-LH1700 LCD monitor. Yet they are available NO WHERE, and they have been advertised for months now. "

Bob
who are you trying to get it from? I have been using the 17' display for 4 months, and I got it thru a local (chicago) dealer. The 50in Plasma have been shipping for about 2 months ( I think).

I just ordered another 17 for the road.

Gary Adcock
Studio37
HD and Film Consultation
Chicago, IL USA

Return to posts index

david garcia
on Dec 27, 2005 at 4:25:26 pm

I picked up the 17" specificaly for the HVX. From all accounts it sounds like the chip is 720 anyway. We looked at a Sony Z1u in 1080i on it and it looked really great. So I fugure it's going to do the trick. I also have my 23" cinema display if I really need to see pixel for pixel.

We really had to balance the price-performance-features equation and decided the 17" LCD was the right choice. SD looks a little crappy on it because it is uprezzed and LCD, but frankly I feel like I'm getting a more critical than average view as a tipical crt kind of smooths things out. Also the colors are great. I side by sided it with a Panasonic CRT and the only issue I saw was that the LCD whites don't get as bright.

my $.02

david

david garcia
Halflife* Digital
albuquerque, nm

Return to posts index

I. Friedman
on Dec 28, 2005 at 7:02:06 am

Give Craig Webb a call at VTP in Burbank. If they're not in stock, I know they can get them very, very fast.

I.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]