New Flash Tutorial - Simple Multi-Video Player in AS3

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Creative COW
New Flash Tutorial - Simple Multi-Video Player in AS3
on Feb 13, 2009 at 4:05:27 pm

Adobe Flash
Simple Multi-Video Player in AS3Simple Multi-Video Player in AS3

In this video tutorial, Creative Cow leader Tony Ross demonstrates how to create a simple multi-video player in Flash using Actionscript 3. Also learn to have several videos use a single flv player.

Tutorial, Video Tutorial   02/11/2009
Author: Tony Ross

http://library.creativecow.net/tutorials/adobeflash

Return to posts index

Michael Ashe
Re: New Flash Tutorial - Simple Multi-Video Player in AS3
on Feb 13, 2009 at 10:27:50 pm

Hey Toni,
This looks like it is a nice tutorial, in the video. But when I tried to download the project files there was only one file: "download_assets.zip" and inside that was only the 3 flv files, no flash projects, so no layers, buttons, etc. Am I missing something simple?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Tony Ross
on Feb 14, 2009 at 3:21:17 pm

Hey Michael-
Sorry about that, oversight on my part. Here are the files:
http://tonyteach.com/COW/videos-AS3_files.zip

Tony

keep it simple, make it perfect…

Return to posts index

Michael Ashe
on Feb 15, 2009 at 3:24:43 am

Tony,
Thanks, that did it. I was able to get the tutorial working like you did. While I was waiting for the files I tried to create it all on my own, ie, the buttons and video layer with object instances. I am pretty new and had a hard time of it, but got most of it. After I got your files and worked them I was able to go back to my first version and correct most of my errors. A few questions:
1. Your version seems to auto start the first flv, but mine does not. I have to push a button first. Did you set an auto start? or did you just press the first button real quick?
2. I had mistakenly put backslashes in my file paths, as I am on the PC, but Flash kept the path green so I thought I was okay, then nothing happened when I tested. How do I debug stuff like this in the future?
3. My buttons, had "Label" in the label and I could not get rid of it.
4. I could not get my Properties tab positions up in the Library & Components panel on the left like you had without the Properties tab staying really wide. How do you do that?
5. For my items 2-4, I wouldn't expect you to tutor me here in this topic, so would you have a few beginner tutorials you would recommend?
6. Thanks again for the files, don't forget to get them over on the tutorial page, when I checked just now the download_assets file was still there.
Thanks again, you're great!
Mike

Return to posts index

Rune Pedersen
on Feb 18, 2009 at 8:51:45 pm

Hi Michael.

As to your number 1.
When you select your instance of your movieplayer, (your .flv-file on the stage), then you have to check the parameter-tab for the instance.
The value for autoPlay have to be set to "true" then you should be homefree..! ;-)

Hope it did the trick..!

Rune

Return to posts index

Joakim Werner
on Apr 22, 2009 at 3:27:31 pm

This was a great tutorial.
I'm wondering if it is possible to somehow 'hide' the first video so it doesn't start playing until you click a btn. In other words, I just want a blank background displayed, no video or skin.
Is this possible with this as or do I need to build it some other way.
Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]