FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do you make a layer rotate MORE than 360 degrees?

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
DanielHaskett
How do you make a layer rotate MORE than 360 degrees?
on Aug 7, 2005 at 6:21:49 pm

hi there

If i want some spiralling crazily round for so 1080 degrees, how do i do it? I just cant really work out the way rotation works in Flash, im so used to after effects, gradually getting my head around flash, but cant work it out to save my life!

any help much appreciated...also thanks for all the help everyone has given so far, very useful!

cheers
dan

Return to posts index

rene hazekamp
Re: How do you make a layer rotate MORE than 360 degrees?
on Aug 7, 2005 at 11:55:23 pm

Hi again

you should constantly increment the rotation, and indeed the problem is that flash counts till 360 and than does some weird stuff
you can circumvent this with adding a counter like this.

action script on the first frame

counter = 0; // give the counter a value

this.onEnterFrame = function(){
_root.square_mc._rotation += 10;
counter += 10; //increment the counter and the rotation
trace(counter)
if (counter >= 450) { counter = 0 // set the counter to 0 and stop the rotation when the counter is over 450
_root.onEnterFrame = null;
}

}

all the best

Rene Hazekamp regisseur

http://www.renehazekamp.com

Return to posts index

lajoiet
on Aug 8, 2005 at 2:42:42 am

Well, if you're just doing hand animation (Tweens instead of moving things with actionscript) there is a setting in the properties pannel there is a "rotate" property in there where you can set the direction (Clockwise, Counter-Clockwise, Auto, and none) and you can set the number of roations that will happen between the keyframes. It takes a bit of playing around with the settings to get a feel for how they work.

Return to posts index

maya czep
on Feb 9, 2009 at 4:25:58 am

I have also had problems spinning layers in Flash. I have a number of cogs that need to spin at different speeds to look believable, and Flash is really doing a poor job of it. I have incremented everything untill it hits 360 and goes haywire. is there a way to just stop it from going nuts after 360 so I can keep incrementing?

As a fellow AE user, this is stupidly simple in AE, but Flash unfortunately I need to work in flash for the vector capabilities.

Any ideas besides trying to learn Action script?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]