MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Area light visibility in viewport

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bart stevens
Area light visibility in viewport
on Jul 29, 2020 at 4:50:33 pm

I'm just getting started with C4D and having an issue that I can't seem to solve.
In my viewport, I can't see the actual area light object (redshift area light). I can see the axis but not the actual representation of the area light (rectangle in this case).
If I create a new light I can see it just fine, but not with the existing.
I previously had this problem with the camera (couldn't see icon) and ended up just merging with a new scene. That workaround isn't working with this light visibility issue, and I feel like there is a setting for the object that I'm missing but not sure.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
Re: Area light visibility in viewport
on Jul 29, 2020 at 8:52:23 pm

It sounds like you have "Light" deselected in the Viewport's Filter menu. If so, select it to enable light icons to be seen again.

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
on Jul 29, 2020 at 9:07:10 pm

I think I may have misread your post. If a newly created light is visible, but not another, then you probably have switched off "Visible in Editor," either by clicking on the upper stop light, or selecting "off" in its Basic properties. The Filter menu would affect all such objects.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Jul 29, 2020 at 9:25:29 pm

in addition, the RS Area Light has a Visible toggle in Redshift Light/General/Area

Return to posts index

bart stevens
on Jul 29, 2020 at 11:28:43 pm

Thanks for the replies... Yeah, not sure what it was. My "stop lights" were turned on for visibility but didn't see the object representation. All of a sudden the light started displaying properly again (not all of them, but the "key" light). So, still have no idea why things changed. I'll update the post if I figure it out.
Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]