MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Why are textures being stretched when my object is exported as .gltf?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hilary Tsai
Why are textures being stretched when my object is exported as .gltf?
on Jul 17, 2020 at 1:26:31 am
Last Edited By Hilary Tsai on Jul 17, 2020 at 9:08:02 pm

To demonstrate this issue I'm having, I made a rectangular prism, sliced and textured with 2 different image textures. As you see, in the viewport they look correct. The tile texture is mapped perfectly to the two faces of the object. However, when I go to export this object, I look at it in a .gltf viewer and it the textures are being stretched in odd ways. In C4D, I have both these textures on cubic projection settings, and then used offset to inch it along to be centered. I'm not sure what is causing the object texture to look distorted after export, but I'd appreciate any insight. Please refer to these 2 screenshots that show the view from C4D, as well as the gltf viewer window (Also, I'm using S22):

Return to posts index

Sam Treadway
Re: Why are textures being stretched when my object is exported as .gltf?
on Jul 18, 2020 at 1:35:34 am

Do the textures share the default UV coordinates or is there more than one UVW tag?
As a test, I deleted the default UVW tag and used flat projections on two textures assigned to two different polygons on a plane. I then right-clicked on the material tags and converted to UVW. This way, each tile takes up the entire UV space from 0 to 1. The issue may be that you need to create a texture atlas (combine both images into a single image file and then map UVs.

Return to posts index

Hilary Tsai
Re: Why are textures being stretched when my object is exported as .gltf?
on Jul 19, 2020 at 6:31:05 pm

Thank you, Sam! Your method of deleting the default UVW tag and then converting the material to UVW worked great!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]