MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

material editor is blank

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hilary Tsai
material editor is blank
on Jul 11, 2020 at 2:13:56 am

I went to create a new texture and the material editor just showed a blank grey screen with no options on it. This is the first time this has ever happened and I'm very unsure what brought it on. Only thing I can think of is that I recently installed a trial version of a new C4d (R22). But that shouldn't have done anything on the old version I had. What is causing this? Please see screenshot for reference.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
Re: material editor is blank
on Jul 11, 2020 at 2:51:46 am

That's a new one on me. If you've tried restarting your computer and that doesn't fix it, you might need to reinstall that version of C4D. I suppose that installing the trial may have inadvertently corrupted your older version, but I would just be guessing.

Just out of curiosity, is this what the material editor looks like when you have created a new material, and double-click on it to open the editor, or are you unable to create one at all?

Return to posts index

Hilary Tsai
Re: material editor is blank
on Jul 11, 2020 at 8:11:00 pm

I did try restarting after your suggestion, but it didn't work. I think you are right it was corrupted somehow and I will need to reinstall. But for now I'm using the trial version to get some work done. It is the material editor when I double click it to open the editor, but it also shows this view for my texture presets. If I click on an existing texture in my library, it shows up empty as well.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]