MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

image placement in material

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ignacio Triana
image placement in material
on Jul 7, 2020 at 11:50:36 pm

Hey all, I'm trying to line up this circular image which I have as a png file on top of a disc and then shatter it ala a window.

I set the window frame as a background layer so I can line up the disc with the frame for later compositing.

but there seems to be this weird inconsistency across where I position the disc or the Voronoi is different from where the window is when hit the render view.

So I'm having an impossible time getting the image lined up with the window.

render view:

Does it have something to do with how the image (a png with an alpha) is loaded onto the material? Currently I have the image loaded into the color channel using circular sampling.

any help would be greatly appreciated as I've been going in circles (no pun intended)
hope everyone is well

Ignacio

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: image placement in material
on Jul 8, 2020 at 4:18:06 pm

what Mapping are you using in the Material tag? It should probably be Flat mapping. You might have to use the Texture mode to line it up

Return to posts index

Ignacio Triana
on Jul 8, 2020 at 5:46:02 pm

Thanks Brian, I had it set to UVW and had messed around with the tiles to line it up. I realize this is a very weird and convoluted way to line it up but was the best I could get at the time.

anyways, when I set it to flat and click off the tile I get a different but still off result. I put screenshots here.

I appreciate your time and eyeballs.

hope all is well

Ignacio

dip

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Jul 8, 2020 at 6:49:48 pm

the second image you are partly there. You can use the Length U,V and Offset U,V to place the image where you need it. Or you can use the Texture mode which is a more interactive way to set the LEnght and Offset values (does the same thing really).
Your image can be used as is but for future reference if you have a square image to put down (the disk is length=height) the whole image is easier to work with if it's square. Your image is obviously a 16x9 image and it ends up with a lot of blank space on either side of the circle in the center and when it gets laid down in C4D it looks squished, you can compensate by making Length U bigger than Length V with this one

Return to posts index

Ignacio Triana
on Jul 9, 2020 at 12:17:48 am

wonderful thanks Brian! very nice of you. I wouldn't have figured that out.

hope you're well

Ignacio

dip

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]