MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Perspective effect with physical LED wall

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cormac Connaughton
Perspective effect with physical LED wall
on Jul 3, 2020 at 2:58:45 pm

Hi all,

I have a physical L-Shaped LED wall and my aim is to make it look like a virtual environment is stretching into the distance like in this image:

I know that set up was created using Unreal Engine but I want to try and recreate something similar with C4D. I'm trying to get my head around the various camera angles to achieve this. I've put together a very basic scene and I'm almost there, but it's not quite right. I'd love some feedback if anyone has ever done this sort of thing before.

I have two cameras set up; front and side. The aim would be to use these cameras to look onto a virtual environment, then export what each of these cameras see.

This is the virtual representation of the LED wall. I have created a separate material for each wall which is making use of the Mograph > Camera Shader effect. I've applied the 'Front' camera to one material and the 'Side' camera to the other material.

This is what the 'Front' camera sees.

This is what the 'Side' camera sees.

I've set up a camera at the LED wall to represent what a person would see in the real physical space, this is the rendered version of that view. As you can see, the sphere joins up at the right point, but it appears stretched. When I export the 'Front' and 'Side' camera views as images and bring them into After Effects and recreate the two LED panels in there, it also appears stretched.

Has anyone encountered something similar and can give me some advice? I've tried googling but it's a very specific question and I can't find any answers!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]