MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Voronoi fracture and gravity

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ignacio Triana
Voronoi fracture and gravity
on Jul 1, 2020 at 8:57:15 pm

hey everybody, I'm trying to shatter a circular window with the Voronoi fracture (I'm in R18).

I'm using a sphere as a rigid body and then having that smash through the window (also set to rigid body).

but whenever I animate the sphere to pass through the window it will do one of two things:

1) If I set the force tab within the dynamics tag of the sphere to 100 in the FOLLOW POSITION: the sphere will pass through BUT wiggle and the pieces falling off seem to wiggle strangely rather than just explode out and fall after initial impact.

* I have set the gravity to zero so I can have the window set in place.

If I don't set the follow position to 100 and leave it at zero, the sphere travels very very slowly and definitely doesn't travel within the keyframes I've recorded, ie takes a really long time.

I tried going through the dynamics tags to see if there was anything I could work with there but didn't get anywhere.

any advice appreciated, hope everyone is well and safe

thanks

Ignacio

PROJECT FILE: 14207_vrfr1.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Voronoi fracture and gravity
on Jul 1, 2020 at 11:37:37 pm

The sphere should have a Collision tag on it, that will be animatable without having to use follow position etc. For the window you can animate the gravity to turn on at impact or put the window in a frame that is a Collider to hold it until it’s hit

Return to posts index

Ignacio Triana
Re: Voronoi fracture and gravity
on Jul 2, 2020 at 12:24:00 am

wonderful, thanks!

makes sense,

Ignacio

dip

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]