MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Recreating Illustrator Gradient

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Robinson
Recreating Illustrator Gradient
on Jun 27, 2020 at 2:05:14 pm

Hi, I'm trying to recreate a simple linear gradient I made in Adobe Illustrator, in C4D. Ordinarily this would be a simple task, but the complexity lies in the fact that the gradient is the same colour on both sides, but with the opacity on the right side set to 0%, so the gradient essentially fades into nothing.

I don't believe C4D offers this opacity control functionality, so I'm having trouble replicating it. I've tried exporting the gradient out of Illustrator as a PNG then importing it into C4D, but that's not working - C4D seems to interpret it as a block colour with no gradient for some reason.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can do this? I want to put the gradient on a disc, so I've thought about doing away with the gradient, keeping it one colour but just having the disc itself fade away, but that's a last resort really as I need the disc intact as I'm intending to apply the Voronoi Fracture to shatter the disc.

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Recreating Illustrator Gradient
on Jun 27, 2020 at 6:32:45 pm

you shouldn't try to replicate an Illustrator gradient with control of color and alpha in the same node. In C4D you have a separate alpha channel - to solve what I think you are saying you just have the same color but make it fade with a gradient (white to black) in the Alpha channel (or in the transparency channel it depends on if you want the surface to have speculars even when being see-thru)

Return to posts index

Andrew Robinson
Re: Recreating Illustrator Gradient
on Jun 28, 2020 at 4:39:24 am

That's solved it! Thanks mate

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]