MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Rendering several cameras from one project with render queue

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kalleheikki Kannisto
Rendering several cameras from one project with render queue
on Jun 14, 2020 at 8:35:51 am
Last Edited By Kalleheikki Kannisto on Jun 14, 2020 at 8:55:07 am

One would assume it would be as straightforward as setting up the cameras, adding them to the render queue and selecting different output file names for each. However, after doing that I end up with each subsequent camera view render overwriting the previous one with same file name, ignoring the individual file names I have given the outputs. They only way I've managed to render multiple cameras is by saving a different project file for each. Cinema 4D R20. Anyone know what I need to do differently?

A related issue is that I cannot change the output file name in the render queue by selecting the name and typing. Even if I'm outputting a single frame, I get an endless string of "i1"s at the end of the file name the moment I click on it. So the only way to change the file name is by clicking on the three dots and selecting a file in the browser. Is the file naming system in the render queue broken or is this normal behavior?

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Rendering several cameras from one project with render queue
on Jun 14, 2020 at 2:55:46 pm

you want Takes not the render queue (check the Help out). For your example, you have the cameras set up already you just need to add a separate Render Setting for separate output names. Then use the Takes system to make different takes for each camera and corresponding render setting then render the takes you want.

A simple example
14183_taketest.c4d.zip

Takes Manager is accessed via the tab in the upper-right (under Object manager)

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: Rendering several cameras from one project with render queue
on Jun 15, 2020 at 2:08:46 pm

Hi Brian,

Thank you, very helpful. I'll read up on the take system, a new aspect for me.

Best regards, Kalle

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]