MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Shader Effector w/o Cloner

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Schoenfeld
Shader Effector w/o Cloner
on May 31, 2020 at 6:05:45 am

Hello,

I've looked all over but can't find a solution to my specific problem. I have an editable plane that has a low poly look (a bunch of connected polygons that I created with a displacer). I added a random effector with a noise random mode and set the deformer to 'point' to animate the polygons 'morphing' in and out (if that makes sense). The random effector works great but I can't get it to loop.

Next, I tried the shader effector with the shader set to noise but the it only seems to work with a cloner object (which I don't really need). If I set the cloner to 1 I can get the shader to scale the plane but it won't animate the individual polygons (I get that it is tying to animate clones and and not a single object). Is there a way to use the shader effector without a cloner object? All I need to do is animate polygon points and have it loop.

Jason

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Shader Effector w/o Cloner
on May 31, 2020 at 12:42:28 pm

why not animate the Displacer deformer's noise?

Return to posts index

Jason Schoenfeld
on May 31, 2020 at 2:09:27 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. I've tried that, but I get a really 'jagged' animation. It is not very smooth like it is with the random effector. The polygon points seem to jump all over instead of a smooth motion I get with the random. Is there a way to smooth out the displacer deformer noise?

Return to posts index

Jason Schoenfeld
on May 31, 2020 at 4:21:11 pm

Ok, I figured it out. I also had the plane as a child of a Polygon Reduction Instance that was causing the problems with the smooth animation. So, just made the whole thing editable and now it's working perfect. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Had been working on this for a while.

Jason

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]