Add thousands of hair intances

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mohsen Amini
Add thousands of hair intances
on May 9, 2020 at 7:04:32 am
Last Edited By Mohsen Amini on May 9, 2020 at 2:01:06 pm

Hello guys. here is a large scene with thousands of hair instances:
https://images.creativecow.net/330777/image.png.391c4159815f2f03efdf7aece01...
how do you manage to optimize this scene? I used a capsule with a minimum number of polygons. also, I tried to color the surface just like the hair instances so I would not need to put hair in the far distance. I only put the hair in a limited radius. also, I used an alpha for growth of the hair so they are going gradually to zero length in distance. this is a 2 thousand frame animation and I need an object to interact and collide with those and there should be also a turbulence effect int he scene. I also have different camera angles so I kinda need to put the hair everywhere and not only from this view. I tried using cloner and instance mode, but I don't know if I can get a good collide and interaction with that. so I chose the hair. I needed a good and precise collision so I had to choose "Hairs" in the advanced section of the hair Dynamics. when I am trying to cache this hair it will take like 3 days and 40 GB of cache. after that C4D can't even handle that cached file easily. it will get really slow and we can not even work with that anymore. I am not even sure if I should cache the hair or just start rendering the project and wait for a week to finish 😐

C4D also uses only around 30% of the CPU when caching the hair. I remember reading somewhere that c4d only uses 1 core of CPU for the hair system. anyway, I am not sure if I am doing everything correctly or not 😕

maybe we can use Cloner and some deformers? since cloner can be much faster in my case, I was thinking of collision deformer or using forces, but could not get a good result 😕

so any solution to make it more optimized or any tricks? Thanks, guys 🙂

https://www.dropbox.com/s/901p4tr8o4nj8xk/hair issue.rar?dl=0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]