Adding Material To MoExtrude Segments

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack Redditch
Adding Material To MoExtrude Segments
on Mar 15, 2020 at 8:25:08 pm

Hey there!

I've been following this tutorial on youtube:

but I wanted to take it a step further and color the extruded segments using a different material from the rest of the object. I can't seem to figure out a way to select the moextrude segments in order to apply a material. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
Re: Adding Material To MoExtrude Segments
on Mar 16, 2020 at 12:06:49 am

1) Double click on the Virus' selection tag and then "Invert" the selection. This will select the body of the virus.

2) Deselect and reselect the Virus object so that the original tag is unselected (otherwise you will replace its selection).

3) "Set Selection" to create a new tag and rename it (i.e. "Body Selection") for ease of reference.

4) Add the new tag to the "Selection" window of the material for the body.

5) In the Object menu place the material for the extruded segments to the left of the material for the body of the virus.

Return to posts index

Jack Redditch
on Mar 17, 2020 at 2:14:32 am

Thanks for your reply!

I followed the above steps and for some reason I only was able to get the material to apply to the tips of the extruded tentacles and not the side segments:

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
on Mar 17, 2020 at 2:45:14 am

It looks like you added the original polygon selection to the "Selection" window of the tentacles' material. That is what is restricting the texture to those polygons. Only use the second selection tag with the body's material. Clear the selection window of the RS Material and that should fix it. If not, upload your project file and I will take a look at it.

Return to posts index

Jack Redditch
on Mar 17, 2020 at 3:19:39 am

Whoops! Yep that's what happened. Thank you so much for your help! Much appreciated!

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
on Mar 17, 2020 at 4:52:27 am

I'm glad I could help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]