MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Emulate flowing liquid in tube. Quick question

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pierre Tessier
Emulate flowing liquid in tube. Quick question
on Feb 10, 2020 at 8:42:46 pm

I need to animate a liquid flowing through a tube. The liquid is going from blue (cold) to hot (red) as it flows through the tube. I animated the texture by adding a gradient and animating it. It does the job but not perfectly. The change in color is not uniform throughout the tube (see C4D file). How can I make it more uniform? Also, I added arrows to show the flow of liquid. I cloned an arrow along a spline. This works well but it needs to be continuous. How can I make the flow of arrows continuous? I wanted to use the particle emitter instead, but it seems you can't animate a particle (my arrow) along a spline.

Get the C4D file here :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jpfuwFWA-04PW5_jxavX6Y7afHCn1bvC/view?usp=...

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Emulate flowing liquid in tube. Quick question
on Feb 11, 2020 at 1:48:39 am

to get the arrows to be continuous
In the cloner's Object tab check Loop, then set Distribution to Even and the Count to whatever looks good to you.
The gradient I don't get, why would it animate? Shouldn't it be a fixed cooling rate with the same temp (or same relative temp) at a particular point in the tube?

Return to posts index

Sam Treadway
on Feb 11, 2020 at 2:02:18 am
Last Edited By Sam Treadway on Feb 11, 2020 at 2:06:10 am

Instead of trying to eyeball the gradient you could simple set it to step mode and then spread out the UVs on the tag to give it a blur. Then animate the V offset on the tag instead of the gradient itself.

There is a "loop" checkbox in the cloner. I think that's what you're looking for. You'll need to make sure the number of clones and offset are evenly divided or adjust the start or end point until the first looped clone appears in the correct place.

14018_liquidflowsimulation.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Pierre Tessier
on Feb 11, 2020 at 1:26:14 pm

Thanks Sam! Works well.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]