MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Animating object transparency/visibility

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pierre Tessier
Animating object transparency/visibility
on Jan 30, 2020 at 4:11:58 am

I need to animate an object disappear. I've tried the Visibility tag but the invisible object still affects other object around, probably because of AO. We can see its effect when the scene is rendered. Not good. So I tried the alpha channel, which is also problematic. When an object has several textures, it's a lot of work to animate the alpha channel of each one of these textures. Also, when an object already has the alpha channel activated, you can't use that technique. So, I was wondering if there were another way to make an object slowly disappear.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Sam Treadway
Re: Animating object transparency/visibility
on Jan 31, 2020 at 2:28:45 am

[Pierre Tessier] " …probably because of AO. We can see its effect when the scene is rendered. Not good."
With respect to AO this shouldn't happen. It may be something else. Check the AO settings in the render settings and see if maybe AO cache is enabled. If so, then disable and try again.

That would be the quickest fix:
Render a pass with the object and a pass without it and dissolve between them in a compositing app or NLE.
You only need to render the frames where the object will disappear twice so if the render range is 0 to 100 and the transition is 30 to 60 then render one pass with the object from 0 to 60 and the pass without the object from 30 to 100....or just render the entire range with and without the object for more flexibility.

If there are a lot of technical issues to consider then you may want to setup AOV's etc. and add a position pass effect to the render settings.

[Pierre Tessier] "Also, when an object already has the alpha channel activated, you can't use that technique. So, I was wondering if there were another way to make an object slowly disappear."
You can use a layer shader and animate a solid color blending from 0 to 100% on top.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]