MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Why doesn't the bake object process seem to work when I export an object as a .3ds file?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hilary Tsai
Why doesn't the bake object process seem to work when I export an object as a .3ds file?
on Jan 30, 2020 at 2:40:22 am
Last Edited By Hilary Tsai on Jan 30, 2020 at 5:06:35 am

I have a textured object, which I'm trying to export to bring into Isadora software as a .3ds (Isadora only accepts .3ds). When I bake the object, export it as .3ds and import to Isadora, I get a message saying "texture could not be found" even though both my .3ds and texture file were saved in the same folder, as Isadora specifies it must be for it to work. This made me think exporting a baked object in C4D only works for formats other than 3DS. Is this accurate? Isadora won't accept FBX or OBJ's, only 3DS.

Honestly, I have no idea if this is more of an Isadora issue than C4D. I'm continuing to try to figure this out; if anyone has any insight on the C4D to Isadora workflow, please feel free to weigh in on how to get export a 3DS with baked textures the same way it works for FBX.

Return to posts index

Sam Treadway
Re: Why doesn't the bake object process seem to work when I export an object as a .3ds file?
on Jan 31, 2020 at 2:44:48 am

Download MeshLab (http://www.meshlab.net) and import the .3ds file into it.
It should give you more insight into problems with the exported file. It may be other objects in the scene that are not compatible or the way the file is structured. It will also give an error message if it is unable to locate texture files also.

If everything looks good in MeshLab then re-export to 3ds from that app and see if the software will then read it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]