MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Cinema 4d and Sharepoint

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Victor Camacho Guerrero
Cinema 4d and Sharepoint
on Jan 30, 2020 at 1:50:35 am

Hello,

I have been working on my company on Sharepoint and it is pretty good. All files in Adobe have no problem.

However Cinema4d does not open files if they are in Sharepoint, neither render or import textures.

I have seen somewehre this issue.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Cinema4D/comments/8chbab/cinema4d_and_onedrive_pro...

Anyone has seen this error before?

Many thanks

Return to posts index

Sam Treadway
Re: Cinema 4d and Sharepoint
on Jan 31, 2020 at 2:50:39 am

Try creating a symbolic link (google it if unfamiliar) outside of the shared directory such as on the desktop or user documents that points to the containing folder in the shared location. Then open the files from this alternative path. This will not duplicate the files but will trick C4D into thinking they are located in a different path. This is just a hunch but has worked for me in certain situations similar to this in the past.

Return to posts index

Victor Camacho Guerrero
on Feb 4, 2020 at 2:17:49 am

Thanks a lot Sam,

I have tried by using this link, but still not successful.

https://www.maketecheasier.com/create-symbolic-links-windows10/

i put on Command promt this : mklink /D "C:\Users\victor.camacho\Ogilvy\TYO-BAT-Creative - Documents\2020\01_07_alwaysOn_instagram\10_Creative\A_PROJ\3D\01_WK4\12_06_kenFurudate" "E:\projectsOffline\01_07_alwaysOn_instagram\10_Creative\A_PROJ\3D\01_WK4\12_06_kenFurudate"

but it gives me this error: "mklink : The term 'mklink' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program.
Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
At line:1 char:1
+ mklink /D "C:\Users\victor.camacho\Ogilvy\TYO-BAT-Creative - Document ...
+ ~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (mklink:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException
"

Is this the same thing you did ?

Many thanks

Return to posts index

Sam Treadway
on Feb 4, 2020 at 2:39:34 am

I'm on a Mac but the concept is the same regardless of OS. These kinds of workarounds can work but I haven't tested your problem exactly as it hasn't been an issue with C4D.

mklink should work. Are you sure you're in the Command Prompt (CMD) and not power shell?
Also you may need to run as administrator (right-click on the application in the search results) .

if you type in just mklink by itself you should see the help. If there is an error message instead, then I'm afraid I can't be of much help there.

Return to posts index

Victor Camacho Guerrero
on Feb 14, 2020 at 8:11:08 am

Hello Sam,

i have been testing quite a lot, and mklink works, but it still does not allow me to render on Sharepoint.

When I render it gives me error on picture viewer saying "unable to write file" although if I press it renders the next frame, but I cant be every frame pressing enter, it would be crazy.

I tried the render queue, but I cant bypass the error problem.

Any idea?

Many thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]