MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Get Spliens from PIPES

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
marco nutella
Get Spliens from PIPES
on Jan 13, 2020 at 4:53:09 pm

Hi there,
I'd like to know if it is possible to get splines from a complex pipes mesh wich is actually a veins and arteries system from an anatomy model.

What I'd like to get is the central spline from each vein.

I attach image to explain myself better, THANKS!!!

Marc

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: Get Spliens from PIPES
on Jan 14, 2020 at 2:00:33 am

I assume that's just geometry and not parametrics to the veins etc? If that's the case then I'm afraid its all hard work. You can use the snapping tool to draw splines that stick to vertexes along the vein's path and then offset them (of super accuracy is needed for a centrally located spline in the middle of the vein).
If the vertex data is organized ( such that as you go down through the list of vertexes and you get clusters of each "ring" of vertexes that make up the vein tube). You could write some code to step through those clusters and find the average of the positions of all the points in each ring cluster and then place a new vertex at the middle average and then join all the new vertexes up.

There's an outside chance that if you scale each vein they may scale to a smaller diameter only. That would let you match to vertexes located centrally to the vein tube, but this is a very outside chance.

Return to posts index

marco nutella
Re: Get Spliens from PIPES
on Jan 14, 2020 at 10:37:25 am

Thank you very much Steve!
I'll try to do your first option!!

Marc

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]