MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Is the "tex" folder used to store asset?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ramon F. Herrera
Is the "tex" folder used to store asset?
on Dec 4, 2019 at 12:11:34 pm

Please bear with me, as I am trying to learn the basics of some 6-8 3D applications. I hear/see wonderful things about Cinema 4D.

Several applications have a predefined folder to store textures. In Maya, for instance the name of that folder is "sourceimages".

I was under the impression that all I had to do was place the *.png, *.jpg, etc. files in a folder named "tex".

However, I just purchased a model and the folder in question is not recognized. See attached screenshot.

(Actually the file upload is not working for me)

So, how do I tell C4D to always use the "tex" folder?

TIA,

-Ramon F. Herrera
JFK Numbers

Return to posts index

Emir Bojorquez
Re: Is the "tex" folder used to store asset?
on Dec 5, 2019 at 1:44:24 am

If your model is C4D that should work automatically, assuming that the creator saved the model correctly.

If that's not the case or if your model is in another format, you need to use the Texture Manager to link your textures again
Window >> Texture Manager.

After that you have 2 options:
1.- Go to File >> Save project with Assets. With this you will get a new file with the textures, and even if you move all to a new computer, the textures will be linked.
or
2.- Save everything inside the content Browser to get your object with textures every time you need it.

Hope that help

Good Luck

Imagination is the best tool...

Return to posts index

Ramon F. Herrera
Re: Is the "tex" folder used to store asset?
on Dec 5, 2019 at 3:04:34 am

Thanks, Emir:

This is what I did. I found the Texture Manager as follows:

[Actually the file upload is not working]

The command that did the trick was "Edit | Localize Filenames"

The "Save Project with Assets" is very helpful as well: it only stores the assets that are actually used. In my case several PNG files were useless.

-Ramon
JFK Numbers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]