MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Ray Connector Chaos!

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Cavalieri
Ray Connector Chaos!
on Nov 21, 2019 at 4:08:27 pm

Hi,

To create the effect shown in the first frame I’ve got an animated character with a matrix of thinking particles joined up using the Ray Connector plug-in. The first frame renders exactly how I want it to, but then everything goes bezerk on the second frame, but not sure why?
I’m quite new to C4D, so it’s probably something simple. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
Re: Ray Connector Chaos!
on Nov 22, 2019 at 10:59:07 pm

I have no documentation for that plugin but only a few short video tutorials, one of which shows deselecting the "Initial" checkbox after making adjustments to the other parameters. Unfortunately, that particular tutorial is without audio so no explanation is given. Oftentimes certain plugins in C4D don't update until the second frame (actually frame 1), so I suspect that that might be the issue. Your second image looks like the "Radius" and "Max Rays" parameters are much too high, so I would try reducing those and deselecting "Initial," or cycling that checkbox. If that doesn't help post your project file and I will take a look at it.

Return to posts index

Simon Cavalieri
on Nov 25, 2019 at 1:42:32 pm

Brilliant, thank you, that did the trick!

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
on Nov 25, 2019 at 4:15:21 pm

You are very welcome. Thanks for reporting back.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]