MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

C4d extrude is hollow

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Keith Hall
C4d extrude is hollow
on Nov 17, 2019 at 12:26:42 am

I have created a logo and extruded with sucess but when i use mograph effects the object is actually hollow not a solid object. How can i fix this?

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
Re: C4d extrude is hollow
on Nov 18, 2019 at 5:47:12 pm

Hi Keith,

As I understand it, what you are referring to is simply the nature of C4D. It is not actually creating solid objects, but shells created out of polygons which then give the appearance of solid objects. If you are trying to use deformers like "Explosion" to break apart the extruded logo the result will be that the polygons comprising the shell will be spread apart revealing the hollow interior. If you want to end up with what appear to be solid pieces (though they are still hollow) of your logo moving apart, place your extruded logo into a Voronoi Fracture object and use "Random" or "Push Apart" effectors.

If this doesn't help, please clarify what you are trying to do, and/or upload your project file (or a simplified version) so that we will have a better understanding of your goal.

Return to posts index

Keith Hall
on Nov 18, 2019 at 7:26:29 pm

The example is the this video i used it on.

Instead of shattering in blocks it explodes the outer side walls and front and back . Hope that mskes sense.

Thanks

Keith

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
on Nov 18, 2019 at 7:36:44 pm
Last Edited By Jim Scott on Nov 18, 2019 at 9:36:15 pm

So, just to clarify. You want the logo to shatter into blocks rather than the flat polygons as displayed in the video?

Could you upload the extruded logo you are using?

Edit: Or just upload an example of a simple extrusion with the effects you applied to it?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]