MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Create Villi (Microbiome)

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Addie Kennamer
Create Villi (Microbiome)
on Nov 15, 2019 at 2:18:47 pm

Please help! I am new to cinema 4D and am trying to create microbiome with villi on the inside walls of a tube/cylinder! I’ve tried a cube with subdivision surface and cloning that but I’m having trouble getting the clones on the inside of my object and rotated the right way plus there’s too much of a lag to do any other work so I’m trying to go a different route. I’ve tried following along with a Maya tutorial but of course that’s a little confusing for me as well. I need to get this done today, any help would be greatly appreciated! I have posted below a picture of the look I’m trying to achieve and the Maya video I tried following! Thank you

https://scx1.b-cdn.net/csz/news/800/2018/gutmicrobiom.jpg

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
Re: Create Villi (Microbiome)
on Nov 15, 2019 at 5:18:12 pm

One quick method:
1) Apply hair to your cylinder
2) To place the hairs on the inside of the cylinder, make the cylinder editable (C) and reverse its normals (Mesh>Normals>Reverse Normals, or U - R)
3) In the Hair Object's "Guides" parameters click on "Regrow" to refresh the growth of the hairs on the reversed normals

Return to posts index

Addie Kennamer
on Nov 15, 2019 at 7:05:40 pm

Thank you Jim! However, when i add hair, they are super thin (even after messing with thickness, length, etc.) and are point all in the opposite direction that I would like. I would want them to face the inside of the tube/cylinder and then animate them to where they are "blowing" in the wind a little as the camera moves through the object (like the picture above). creating the "villi" look-a-like. I will continue to mess around with it to see if I can come up with something from the hairs though. Thank you!

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
on Nov 15, 2019 at 7:45:03 pm

Make sure you have reversed the normals as I directed or the hairs will remain on the outside of the tube.

Return to posts index

Addie Kennamer
on Nov 15, 2019 at 9:12:16 pm

Yes, I did! The hairs are on definitely on the inside, my problem is just trying to get them to look like villi (making them thick enough, pointing inward instead of straight, etc.) but thank you!

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
on Nov 15, 2019 at 9:47:32 pm

The hair thickness is controlled in the hair material settings.

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
on Nov 15, 2019 at 9:48:10 pm

Here's a project file that may help.

13901_microbiome.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Addie Kennamer
on Nov 19, 2019 at 3:27:03 pm

Ahh! Got it! Thank you Jim!

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
on Nov 19, 2019 at 3:32:57 pm

You're welcome.

Return to posts index

Addie Kennamer
on Nov 20, 2019 at 2:43:54 pm

What would be the reason I am not able to change the roots count of the hairs under guides?

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
on Nov 20, 2019 at 4:58:03 pm

Depending on what was selected in the "Root" setting (which specifies where guides are created) the count will be limited to that parameter. For example, if you have "Polygon Vertex" selected the number of polygon vertexes in your object will be the maximum number of guides that can be created.

If you want to increase the number of hairs, increase the "Count" setting in the Hairs section.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]