MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

How to make installed encoders available to cinema4D

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Paterson
How to make installed encoders available to cinema4D
on Nov 4, 2019 at 1:18:39 am

I have a number of encoders (eg H.264) installed on my WIN7 pc but these are not visible in the render options.
How can I make C4D use these?

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
Re: How to make installed encoders available to cinema4D
on Nov 4, 2019 at 3:20:24 pm

Just to make sure that you are looking in the right place, have you selected a video format in the "Format" window so that the "Codec" window becomes available in the "Options," and are not just looking for H.264 in the "Format" window? On my Mac, H.264 is an available codec for both MOV and MP4 formats. I am not familiar with Windows but I would think that you should have H.264 available as well, at least when you select MP4 as the format.

Return to posts index

Greg Paterson
on Nov 6, 2019 at 12:34:18 pm

Thanks Jim

Looks like I am still living in a cave with R14

What I see is very different

What puzzles me that sometime ago in a sober state I managed to get a DiVx codec in but cannot recall how

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
on Nov 6, 2019 at 4:34:27 pm

Since AVI is the only video format available in R14 I guess you don't have access to MP4, and therefore no H.264 as well. I would suggest outputting image sequences (which is a good practice anyway in case of rendering glitches) and then converting them to your desired movie format in another program (i.e., After Effects). Or output as AVI and use a converter app for other formats.

I would have thought that only Maxon had control over which codecs were used, but if you think you've added some before you could contact Maxon support for help.

Good luck.

Return to posts index

Greg Paterson
on Nov 7, 2019 at 1:50:56 am

Thanks

Thought that might be the case and as you say image sequences are the way to go for final render
Sometimes it is useful to see a rough rendered low res animation to pick up errors

Thanks

Greg

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]