MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

IK Rig Problem

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Seun Jubril
IK Rig Problem
on Nov 1, 2019 at 6:26:44 pm

Hello everyone,

So I'm working on a a project where I have to rig the surface going into some kind of "scrunch mode". It seemed logical to use IK for the rig so everything moves together. The problem I'm having is that the bend is happening in the wrong direction. I see that the issue is coming from position of the first and last joint, their starting position naturally creates a bend in the wrong direction which causes to the IK to bend in the wrong direction. I can't seem to figure out a work around for this. If i switch the pole vectors, things don't move like their supposed to, and I can't find a solution for animating the pole vector so it doesn't pop into place. I've also tried experiment with other methods other than IK, but the pieces don't track together when they're animated separately. I'm really lost on this one, so I'd appreciate some insight/help!

Here's Google Drive link to a test file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VfDq-591zFh42p39Rb_mAQIB8OqeJfle/view?usp=...

Thanks!

Seun

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: IK Rig Problem
on Nov 2, 2019 at 8:41:56 pm

Don't do enough IK to know exactly why but I added a Pole which flipped the rig so I Twisted 180 in the pole control, moved it in the correct place. It was still 'crunching' in the wrong direction so I changed the Axis in all the joints to Y (and hit Align). Now it's moving in the right direction I think.

Hmmm maybe only Joint and Joint.1 are necessary to Align in Y but all 3 is a slight alignment change that I think is better.

13862_ikrigtest2.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]