MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Create background scenery with images

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Paterson
Create background scenery with images
on Oct 28, 2019 at 4:12:09 am

I need to put shrubbery in the background of a scene I have created
I have several photos of the required shrubbery but I am struggling to apply them and get a decent result
Currently my main problem is the intersection of these images and the terrain (red arrows in attached image)

Any suggestions

Greg

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: Create background scenery with images
on Oct 28, 2019 at 9:28:39 pm

If they can be just 2D planes of imagery on flats then we usually hide the spot where that image plane meets the ground plane with some debris just in front of the plants. So some true 3D rocks scattered about or some 3D grasses (hair or mograph). If you really want to go crazy you can use the image as a deformation map in the material and that way the bushes will have a bit of outward geometry (not true of course but that far back it should work).

Its all about breaking up the alpha of the plants where they touch the ground.

Make sure to layer your shrubbery ("with a nice little path..Neee!") so some is in front and some behind and that way they parallax when the camera moves. You can also use a target tag to make sure they always face camera so you don't ever see they are truly flat. This only works for subtle camera moves - too much and you will realize they are rotating in relationship to everything else.

Return to posts index

Greg Paterson
Re: Create background scenery with images
on Nov 1, 2019 at 3:49:17 am

Thanks
I have some grass that hides the tree line looks ok

Overall the image looks flat ..... lacks reflections
I normally would do this with a Sky and a HDRI but I am using a physical sky so I am unsure how to get the reflections working better

Any suggestions???

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]