MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Particle emitter: re-starting renders?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Chard
Particle emitter: re-starting renders?
on Oct 20, 2019 at 12:02:11 am

(R17) I'm in the middle of a 15 hour render so I can't test this, so I'll ask:

I've noticed that restarting an "editor playback" of an emitter changes the way the particles move, especially if one has messed with forces such as Turbulance or Rotation.

If you restart a RENDER, does c4d do a quick recalc so that particles are back on the same track, or does it just start whereever you restart?   IOW, is it necessary to bake particle paths before executing a render that will be started and stopped?

​​​​​​​Tnx

++++++++++++++++
"Putting the HARM in 'harmonica' since 2005."
++++++++++++++++

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Particle emitter: re-starting renders?
on Oct 20, 2019 at 5:13:54 am

the editor is about speed it just takes whatever it has in a frame and is not accurate with breaks at all. Full render will calculate from the start to ensure accuracy which can take a while if you are restarting a long way in. It's not necessary to cache the particles but it gets rid of the calculation phase at the start of each new render so if you are doing a bunch of starting and stopping it can be quicker to cache.

Return to posts index

Eric Chard
Re: Particle emitter: re-starting renders?
on Oct 21, 2019 at 6:25:54 am

That's good to know, as I watched a video about cacheing and it seemed to at least heavily imply that glitches were to be expected in the render if it were restarted.

This is re-assuring, although I'm sure to be safe one could always just make sure to cache the particles.

++++++++++++++++
"Putting the HARM in 'harmonica' since 2005."
++++++++++++++++

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]